Sunday, January 27, 2013

Visible Monday #1



Brand new blog, created just to join the fun on on Visible Monday, trying to work this thing out.

To introduce myself, I’m totally new at fashion-type stuff. I’ve always known what I liked but rarely spent much time or thought actually doing anything about it. This is a new experiment for me, so, here goes.

Sweater vest from Sears catalog in the early 80s. Strange, scratchy but warm mix of manmade fibers and wool. Even when it didn’t fit me any more, I held onto it, and now I know why. It fits again, and hey, it’s so cool the tattooed&pierced chick at Whole Foods commented on it. I count that as a win.

The knit shirt is Liz Claiborne, thrifted. Probably from the 90s, I’m thinking, but that is just a guess.

The pearls lived in my mother’s drawer for decades, taken out on rare occasions.  I decided to wear them. I’m kind of surprised they looked so good with jeans bumming around the house, though.

At some point I’ll figure out how to take a full length picture of myself but for now, hi, I’m pooks, I’m a writer in Dallas, Texas who spends more time in jeans and t-shirt than anything worth photographing, but I intend to change that from time to time here.

knit shirt: Liz Claiborne, thrifted [no idea how old]
sweater vest: vintage, Sears, 1980s
pearls: heirloom, my mom
jeans: Eddie Bauer
boots: Born
socks: Smart Wool (my favorite)

NOTE: I'm having trouble leaving comments for people because my various accounts on different sites are probably going to lead you back to the wrong blogs/locations. Sorry about that. Maybe I'll figure out a system that works better soon.

14 comments:

  1. Welcome! I look forward to reading more. And if you can, please post pictures of your boots. We like boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely be posting pics of the boots. Plus, I am looking for a new pair! I'll probably be asking for advice.

      Delete
  2. Your picture is wonderful! Love the combination of colors. Welcome to the blogging world. My friends and I started ours in November so we're pretty new to it, also. Check us out at:
    http://friendshiplifeandstyle.blogspot.com/
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love your blog and am looking to see if you have a way to subscribe by email (my favorite way to get blogs). I've been blogging for many years, but have created this particular blog specifically for the fashion thing, since I think putting pictures of myself wearing clothes would look a bit odd on my other sites. (Although looking odd has never stopped me before, I'll admit. Ha!)

      Delete
  3. Hi Pooks!!! Welcome to the club....it's always nice to have new bloggers all the time. Holler if you need help!!

    REBECCA
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you! Looking forward to more of your ideas and experiences about our mutual love of this "fashion-type stuff". You know it's working when other women give you compliments. Pretty over sweater with the pearls and the little pattern on your under-layer sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still getting compliments and it still astounds me. In a happy-happy-joy-joy way.

      Delete
  5. Hey Pooks! Glad to see you've joined us in the fashion blogging world. I'm really looking forward to following you. :)

    -Ana @ she's addicted to clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at today's outfit and thought, huh, like shesaddicted only with colour. Ha!

      Delete
  6. Well hello Pooks, Welcome to Bloglandia and a very healthy addiction to connecting with some fabulous people around the world:). Hey, I'm your first follower - wow, that's a first for me and it's very exciting:). Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog - I have some frustrating news for you ... I have long feet too. I'm a US size 10, so if that's your size too, you're one of the rare people in my world that do - 45 years old and I still trip over them! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a US size 11 so your shoes are safe. Damn it.

      Delete
  7. I hope you do figure out the comment stuff. I also have several accounts under the same email and it gets a bit difficult.
    You could install an "open" category for commentators (like myself) where one types in one's name and the blog address one wants to use for this specific purpose.
    juli @ fragmentsofmyclothing.co.at

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to see what I can find. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Will you give me a link? I tried fragmentsofmyclothing.co.at and didn't find you!

      Delete